Thursday, August 5, 2010



I was watching the season finale of the Bachelorette on Monday night, and wondering about Ali and why she doesn’t have a better stylist or ever brush her hair, and wondering why in the world she didn't choose Chris L, and wondering when I’ll be able to stay in a hut in Bali.


Now, I know this is not the most highbrow form of entertainment,

but it is intriguing nonetheless. (who’s excited for Bachelor Pad?!?!)


I had an epiphany watching that night.

I am having my own personal season of the Bachelorette.

I even have my own audience- all of you readers, of course (all 5 of you...) and some select few who I gave my log in and password to on my dating site, so they can sufficiently weigh in on the matter, as they live in different states and can’t sit next to me while I peruse the many match profiles.


Right now I am still on the group date phase.

I’m in the “communicating” phase with 20 guys!

Some are duds, some are crazy, some I get mixed up with each other, and some totally stand out. Some are on a higher level of communication (meaning that we are actually sending emails, instead of answering prefabricated multiple choice questions.)


Like the show captions, I categorize them in my mind by their profession.


Wayne- Nurse.

Marc- Dentist.

Mitch- IT


I even sent a “nudge” to one of them- basically a cyber flirt-

first impression rose, anyone?



With others, I have hit the “archive” button. This is basically my virtual rose ceremony.

I can just picture Chris Harrison coming into my condo as I’m about to hit the “confirm” button on my computer to archive the last dud... I mean, dude...


“Gentleman... Linda.... This is the final rose...”


(that’s always my favorite part, for some reason.

I love that Chris Harrison says it each time with such gravity and intensity.

I wonder if ever has out-takes for this line,

or if he nails it every time on the first take).


And then -bam- I hit “confirm” and the dud.. er, dude... goes to cyber limbo. (sorry- seen Inception too many times... Have limbo on the brain...too many pop references for you? Welcome to my life).


Chris Harrison- “Linda, take a moment and say your goodbyes.”


This is when I go into the “archived” list, look at the poor schmuck one more time, and actually close the match. This is the cyber-dump.

I feel mean doing it.

I had one guy do it to me only once, and I obsessed all day around what his reasonings were.


But you have to do it.


After all, I’m in it for the right reasons. I’m here to find love. I gave up so much to be here (I mean, a whole $15 a month! Think how many Diet Cokes that could buy me!)

oh how I love Bachelor cliché's


So hopefully we’ll get some one on one dates soon....

8 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm reading, and although it's no laughing matter :) I'm still laughing my a** off!

robin marie said...

Linda Maria you re much classier than any of those bachlorettes! I'm still reading. Boa sorte!

Heather said...

I am so glad I have watched The Bachelorette one time with you so I could follow what you were saying. I'm a little sad about Chris L. as well--I got attached in that one episode. Love hearing about your new adventure.

Angela said...

Okay, okay, okay...Chris L is "wicked" nice as he would say, and I am sure his "I don't know what to do with my life and am kinda lost at 33" attitude is really endearing, because we can all take care of him. And he is salt of the earth and would love, love, love someone. But as my co-worker's husband said, "Heck, I am practically ready to marry Roberto!" I couldn't agree more. Hello Roberto. Love him. How freakin' cute is he?! Handsome, kind, funny, and really just great. So I love Chris L, but he's a bit of a snoozer. So he's one for Roberto and Ali I hope they make it.

Terese said...

I am so watching your episodes of Bachelorette and excitedly awaiting what you're going to say next! I watched the Bachelor when he chose Vienna and was so mad. I couldn't handle another season, plus I get the "really?" look from Josh when I stop on shows like that!

Liz said...

Linda, I had all the same questions that you did. Seriously, where was the her stylist and makeup? As you know, I LOVE my Cousin Angela but on this one - I completely disagree. I would have picked Chris all the way. Hell, I was giving him the final rose when they introduced him on the first episode. The good news is Ali didn't pick him which means he is available and has friends/connections to NYC....I'm just saying...Good luck with your next rose cermony. Much affection.

Nicole said...

Hi Linda. Melissa told me about your blog, and it is hilarious! Why aren't we better friends? I have all the same thoughts about the bachelorette. Her hair was horrible all season. I love the online dating analogy, and I definitely love hearing how your online dating adventures are going.

Brandy said...

I'm reading too, Leenda! I'm rooting for you and hope you find a good guy!