Saturday, August 7, 2010

I Like Your Shoes...?

A few days ago, while passing in the food court, a random younger boy at the mall told me that he liked my shoes. I mean, they’re great shoes, I know, what's not to like... But he didn’t seem like the type that would care or notice. His shoes: some horrific athletic sneaker. His top: an oversized Jazz tank jersey.




In seemingly unrelated, but very much related news:

One of my online correspondents told me that I had a nice smile.










(oh they joys of picking only the best and most flattering pictures to post... this one in particular is my main picture on my profile home page.)







I wrote back asking if there was an emoticon to represent blushing.

(is there, cyber world?)


: " )


=: )


And he wrote back, bless his wonderful heart, and said,

“Why would you blush?

Guys must tell you that all the time!”


.... lets pause to soak that one in....


I’m here to tell you, they do not.

And I told him so.


But I also informed him that my shoes were recently complimented-

so that is something, right?


AND HERE IS THE MAGICAL MOMENT WHEN THE STORIES COME TOGETHER:


He confessed to me that when in High School he and his friends would use shoes as code word for the ladies derrière.


I’ve never heard this before.


But now I’m wondering?

Was the guy at the mall telling me that I had a nice A$$?


Were shoes simply a euphemism???


Regardless of the answer, lets just say the shoes may have a short shelf life with the way I wear shoes out, but the jeans I had on that day may have just got another day in the rotation...

3 comments:

Terese said...

LOVE it!

robin marie said...

that just made me think of the scene in about a boy when he is singing that a$$ song!

Anonymous said...

Love that picture of you! And you do have nice shoes! By the way, I loved the Bachelor Pad, did you? I'm always up for another trashy show!