Monday, August 23, 2010













One month in to this experiment, and here are the stats:




Total Matches Recieved: 142 (I know, I was suprised at that number as well...)

Total started communication with: 24

Total in “open communication” aka emaling: 9

Total that I’ve had multiple exchanges with: 1

Total that I’ve had multiple exchanges with and cyber dumped me: 1 (I was actually sad!!)

Total Dates: 0


I’m thinking that there is a reason that these guys are on here, and not already in relationships. (I know, I’m on it too, but right now we’re sticking to the guys.)


They just can’t take it to the next level.


One such fellow has asked what weekend plans I have. I’ll replied, oh working this time, but this time it’s up in the air- yadda yadda yadda.

I’m thinking to myself, “Yes! This is code! You are finding out when I am free so that you can ask me out!"

But then he replied, “Oh, I’m doing this, I hope you have fun!” And I didn't hear from him for a week.

And he has asked MULTIPLE times if I’ve ever done online dating before, and have I had success.

Now what I want to answer is, “You fool!! How can I have success with guys like you!! And if I HAD enjoyed a succesful stint on an online site, why in the world would I still be on this site talking to YOU?!?!

What I actually answered was something along the lines of, “This is my first time joining! ; )”


Now, my mother says that I am a little mean to these boys. She says that if someone is a “foreman” they may very well still have a BA in psycology, communications, music, English, history...etc. I told her that doesn’t excuse him from being articulate. I told her that I’m not mean- just truthful.


(she also pointed out that one of my posts had a typo, after I was mocking someone for their own inadequacies in that department... Anybody want to be my Editor??)


My sister, Rachel, has said that we will know when I’ve found “the one” because I wont be mean.

2 comments:

Terese said...

These guys have to be open to taking chances! Make something happen people. You're totally right. That's the reason they are single. I totally don't envy being a guy in that situation, though. So nerve racking to ask someone out. I get shy to ask my friends if they want to do something. I get so scared of not getting called back that I refrain from calling people. Sad.

Heather said...

It's probably not a great sign that these guys are lacking confidence even online. My goal is for you to find someone in California--purely for selfish reasons. By the way, I'd be happy to be your editor. I am good at the grammar/spelling stuff, but not at formatting.

Terese--I totally am feeling shy with new friends here. Maybe being back in California brings back the middle schooler in me?