Thursday, September 9, 2010





Word of the Day: SUSPENSE

[suh-spens]
–noun
1. a state or condition of mental uncertainty or excitement, as in awaiting a decision or outcome....
According to WIKI: Suspense is a feeling of uncertainty and anxiety about the outcome of certain actions, most often referring to an audience's perceptions in a dramatic work.
SO- did the suspense get you??? 
The amount of people that have told me they MUST hear what happened on my date is equal parts flattering, embarrassing, but mostly amusing. Really? You all are that invested? I feel like you all are maybe more invested in my dates than I even am at this point!! 
So- you ask. LINDA- WHAT HAPPENED??
But before I get into that...
(SUSPENSE!)
May I make mention of one momentous point?
I have not had more than one date in a calendar year since I can't remember when. 
And because of this experiment, not only did I have more than one date this year, I had TWO DATES IN ONE WEEK!!!!  This is something that has NEVER happened in my LIFE!  That's right, I went out with another guy this weekend. One besides the non- committal non-showerer. 
And NOW I will fill you in on the details...  
So back to this: LINDA!! WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?!
Well, the short answer is: Not a whole lot.
I am not madly in love. I am not anxiously awaiting his next phone call. I think if he did call again, I would give it another go, however my one word summation is...
Eh... (Picture this with a slight shrug of the shoulders)
Nice enough. Kind of dull. 
(Please note: I don't do dull.)  
As some of you mentioned, they make good husbands, they do laundry, etc. But after 31 years of waiting around I'm not settling for dull. I need some upmh. He had no umph.
He did not stir the passions of my soul. 
The Dodo peanut butter pie did more for me than he did... 
Now, thus far in my experience I have been a sort of star in what resembles a Romantic Comedy of my own making. It is cute and fun, and I have my anecdotal stories that I share. The Dodo was perhaps one in a montage of disaster dates, where you hear the song "Mama Said," by the Shirelles.
 "Mama said there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this my mama said...."
Where you, my audience, share in my pain, but laugh and say, "Oh that Linda! What kind of shenanigans is she going to get into next?"
Date #2 was where- SURPRISE- I become an action adventure star!! 
AND- SUSPENSE-
I will post all about it tomorrow!!!! 


5 comments:

Kristie said...

Dirty! How dare you!

Catharine said...

And this is how you treat us, your faithful followers? There might be revenge, like halloween chainsaws in your future. Bwa ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Catharine said...

That sounded creepy, like stalker murderer creepy. Sorry. Linda knows what I'm talking about.

Kathy B. said...

I'll be breathlessly awaiting the action-adventure date report! And, I agree with you the you deserve some Umph from your man. I know he's out there... and very Umph-alicious!

Heather said...

Maybe the goal should be umph and laundry? That would be pretty amazing. Terese and I talked yesterday about how we LOVE your blog. Keep it up, dear friend. And having already heard about the action adventure date, I can assure your readers that it is worth the wait.