Wednesday, September 15, 2010


This is my favorite email I have received yet.
It is from the newer site I joined, which is just kind of a mad free for all.
Anyone can contact anyone with no rhyme or reason.
So a lot depends on your profile.
That being said, here is the email I got:

"So, obviously you passed the aesthetics test or shallow men (such as myself) would never contact you, but a buddy of mine was looking over my shoulder and claimed that without a doubt your profile looked to have been written by a guy, it’s just too perfect, minus the incompletion. He claimed that any account with so little information is a dead giveaway. I came to your defense, of course, but now we’ve got a $20 bet going as to whether or not you’re real. So I wondered, just between us, am I about to lose $20?"




This cracked me up!!

I did write back and inform him that his buddy owes him $20.


Most profiles are a paragraph or so saying things like, "I am really fun and am looking for someone who is fun to be with!" and other really redundant things, that you know is the same thing everyone else wrote.

So, since I know you're all curious, here is my profile info, just as the fellas see it.


(the above picture is my main profile pic)


Greeting from LindaMarie27:


I am fun and interesting (aren't we all?) and I love to laugh.

like: burritos from Barbaccoa

dislike: Indian food

like: classic rock

dislike: country (although I did go to a Tim McGraw and Faith Hill concert and it was pretty great- I would just never chose the country station.)

like: reading

dislike: not reading

like: LOST (still in TV mourning...)

dislike: Gossip Girl

like: summer

dislike: cold (winter's alright for a little bit, but man I hate being cold)

like: my cat, Mandrake, aka "Manny"

dislike: horses- they scare the crap out of me

like: Entertainment Weekly

dislike: US Weekly

like: Ray LaMontagne

dislike: Lady Gaga

like: wearing flip flops

dislike: wearing hats- my head is too huge. They never fit.

like: The Rocket

dislike: it's a tie between The Samurai and the Wild Mouse

6 comments:

Catharine said...

You should reply, "So, I know how you can spend your $20. Buy me a burrito!" You're too good to be true. Love it.

jocie said...

I'm glad that some guy out there is picking up on the fact that you're every man's dream.

Billie and Brian Taggart said...

Linda Marie you make me laugh!
I have found your blog and am now ofically stalking it/you. I think we need to hang out sometime because I miss you.

Heather said...

I've decided those profiles don't help find a match. Go for the opposite. You and I are cousins and BFFs and the only like we have in common on your list is reading. Hooray for Indian food! Boo to classic rock! And cats? Don't get me started. But I do find all of those things about you endearing. If this guy does too, I'm a fan.

Terese said...

I like what Heather said. So true. I wanna hear more about this guy. He seems to be more eloquent than the others.

Unknown said...

Hahahaha... that's awesome! That is actually an opener I came up with a year ago. Here's the original thread if you're curious. :)

http://www.stylelife.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=83444