Monday, September 26, 2011

Bone Crushing Hugs...

Today all I can think is this:

IHATETHISIHATETHISIHATETHISIHATETHISIHATETHISIHATETHISIHATETHISIHATETHISIHATETHISIHATETHISIHATETHISIHATETHISIHATETHISIHATETHISIHATETHISIHATETHISIHATETHISIHATETHISIHATETHISIHATETHISIHATETHISIHATETHISIHATETHISIHATETHIS........



The other day I was leaving my sister's house in the late evening.
My 7 year old Nephew came running down the driveway after me. 
"Linda!" He shouted. "Linda!! WAIT!"
I quickly got out of my car.
"What?!" I thought he surely must be hurt to come running after me like that.
"Linda!" He cried, as if his heart would break. "You didn't hug me goodbye before you left!"
(I know, right?)
And then, as he wrapped his arms around me, and gave me a bone crushing bear hug, he whispered in my ear, "When am I going to see you again?" (as if I don't see him 3-4 times a week, which I do...)
"I don't know," I told him. "But I know it will be soon."
He pulled away and nodded. His face said, it isn't tomorrow, and you aren't staying now, but I will accept the difficulties of my 7 year old life that I don't get to see you all the time. 

As I drove away, I was struck by the fact that no other of the male species has perhaps ever shown such enthusiasm to spend time with me. 


In the world of Online Dating, it takes energy and game playing like you wouldn't believe to get to the point of actually hanging out with these guys. 
And then there are the ones that you already know, and have hung out with. And want to hang out with more. And they are IMPOSSIBLE to nail down.


I've said it before, but it bears repeating. 
What am I looking for in a man? 
Unabashed Adoration.
Someone who will run after me down the driveway, begging to see me again, giving bone crushing hugs, wanting to be with me. 


I know, I know... It doesn't exist... 


Ok. So let's qualify this...


Howabout someone that just says to me, "Linda, I'd really like to spend some time with you." 
And then they do.


Yes. 


That would be just as good.

No comments: