Thursday, September 22, 2011

Change of Pace



My mother is afraid that I am too negative and judgmental and mean.
And I have had many people ask me if I’ve ever actually had any good dates in all of my   ridiculous experiences. 
So, for a change of pace, here are some great dates I’ve had:
  • Gone with the Wind and Phish Food ice cream.
  • Lagoon Frightmares
  • The Tango @ Murray Arts Center
  • A movie in the park and Bob Seiger blasting
These dates span the last decade of my life. And, sadly, they are close to the only good dates I’ve had. And I have learned, in my blogging life, that I am not good at giving as many scruitinizig details when I actually have emotion involved. So the bullets are all you get for info. 
But- you may be asking yourself, what made these dates so great?
What is Linda Marie’s criteria?

There is one common denominator. 
These were all guys that I already had interest in that said, “Her! I pick her!” 
And they actually asked me out.
I have had a LOT of set ups in my time- the kind of set ups that keep you up at night wondering how the person who set you up must really feel about you to think you would be compatible with that particular doofus.  And some of them have been ok. But none of them have been great. 

Because there is nothing better than thinking, “this awesome guy wants to go out with ME!” 

Now, obviously, these dates didn’t pan out to be much more than a blip on my time/love-line. 

But I remember feeling totally and completely twiterpated with all of them. 




And that is what makes a great date. 

No comments: