Thursday, October 21, 2010

It's the FINAL COUNTDOWN- do do do dooo.....do do do do doooo....


LINDA'S TOP 3 WORST DATES- EVER

the countdown begins

As per my promise, I am posting again. I am going to share with you a countdown of my worst dates I've ever been on. Revisiting these in my memories make me realize that I've been pretty lucky in these more recent encounters. (although, one of them does make the list...)

#3

Wheezy Hot Pots. 

Time: About a Month ago

Story: You’ve already heard about him, so feel free to revisit this post for all the gory details. I was going to post just one story per day, but this shouldn't count. So that takes us on to....

    #2 

    The Legends of the Fall.

    Time: 1997, Freshman Year at BYU

    At 18, I was still new to the whole dating world (except wait- that was 12 years ago, and I still feel the same way...)
    It was a double date that I was set up on with a girl that lived across the hall from me in the dorms, Michelle. 

    (Funny how life is- I have tons of pictures of her, and she was part of a tight knit group from that era, but I can’t remember her last name...)

    Anyways, I don’t even remember who my date was. Couldn’t tell you a thing about him.

    What I remember is her date and the movie... We'll call him JB. (because I think I DO remember his last name, and I'm pretty sure they are his initials).

    We went to JB's parents house, to watch a movie. We ended up choosing Legends of the Fall, a movie which every one of us had already seen before, but it was new out on VHS (pause to giggle at that one) and this fellow's  family owned a copy.  

    We watched the entire movie. 

    And when it was over, JB said, “I am so sorry that I allowed us to watch that movie.” 

    I was a little baffled, because we had discussed it, and we had all seen it already. I kind of ignored his comment. 

    But then he said it again. “I am so sorry. That is not an appropriate movie." Again, this is after we watched THE WHOLE THING without comment. "I don’t know why we watched it," he said.  "I don’t know why I own it. I should just destroy it.”

    Which is what he then proceeded to do. 

    First he started pulling out the video tape. Yanking and pulling the ribbons over and over. But apparently that wasn’t good enough. He then starting throwing it hard on the ground. Then he started stomping on it. Then he took it outside, and I have such a vivid memory of this moment- he proceeded to smash it again and again into the concrete driveway. 

    I think that was when we decided it was time to go home. 

    Poor Brad Pitt. What did he ever do to him?


    1 comment:

    The Wiseman Life said...

    Wow LMB you have had some doozy dates. I still can't get over the Woozey Hot Pots. I have been up there many times and you are right...it is a hike. I can't believe that guy. I found myself so angry at him for not being nice to my friend. I agree with you Mom...you are not allowed to ever go out with that guy again.