Thursday, April 30, 2015

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish...

Behold, I give you the fishermen of the Salt Lake Valley. 





I know it's not a Monday, but a gal will do anything to procrastinate studying for finals, as I did last night.

Like collect fish pictures from friends.




 

As aforementioned, I hate fish. I think fish are terrible. 
Probably one of my favorite things on earth is swimming in the ocean, but if you want to give me a panic attack have me put on some snorkel gear to see what's underneath.

I don't need to know that they are there. We can just peacefully coexist, them slithering below, and me bobbing on top. 

And don't even get me started on eating them...


 

With all of these amazing pictures, it does beg the question, what is it about fish that compels all of these men to post pictures of them?


 

Here are my working theories:
  • They are super outdoorsy
  • They love to fish
  • They are showing that they can provide during the Apocalypse
  • Hitch told them that women like guys that fish
  • There are directions when men join Tinder instructing them to post a fish picture
  • SLC is very Christian so they are just showing actual representation of a man taught to fish
  • It's some sort of phallic Freudian euphemism

 

Before all y'all get all up in arms with thoughts like, "Linda! They are all perfectly nice men! Why don't you go out with ALL of them!!" 
Remember- I'm not on any dating site right now. 

Who the hell has time for that AND work AND graduate school? 

I've always said online sites are a part time job with the time and energy you have to invest. And I've chosen to invest my time and energy elsewhere.

You know, I'm investing my time in work and school and a blog that like 10 people read and over an hour to blur out faces and names... 

Priorities, people. Priorities. 




If you are going to talk to me about fish, this is the only thing I would be interested in...






3 comments:

Angela said...

This is the best thing I've read all day. Brilliant!

Heather said...

Ditto what Angela said. This made me so happy.

robin marie said...

Ack. So many fish. I just don't get it. My theory was that it is an excuse for them to pose shirtless but that wasn't even the case (except for pudgy speedo boy. Poor pudgy speedo boy!) If this is in an effort to show their manliness, they probably shouldn't post pictures of shrimpy fish. Just sayin!