Monday, April 20, 2015

The Top 7 Ways to Have a Popular Blog

1. Post stylistic photos with kids, and call them "littles."



TRUTH: He's not my kid. He's my kick-ass nephew. And for some reason the word "littles" is like nails down  the chalkboard for me. Seriously. Who started that? Please. Stop.


2. Start Trolling and say something controversial.



TRUTH: This shirt just makes me laugh. Posting this on Facebook once, I actually got some people that got into Political tirades. (HILLARY 2016!!)  Please know, the shirt is just worn to bed, and in all honesty, is too small...  And for the record, I'd go out with anyone of any political persuasion. (He just can't be listening to Glenn Beck while he buries gold in his back yard and stockpiles an arsenal in his basement. I've gotta draw the line somewhere... I used that line once in an email to someone I met online, thinking I was hilarious. He responded by explaining the value of gold these days, and facts on the Second Amendment.)


3. Post about all the trips you go on.


TRUTH: I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the adventures I've been on, but 90% of them have been solo, and I'd rather be spending that time WITH someone.  I'd trade a trip to Paris any day for an evening in SLC with a special someone.... Well, maybe not Paris...


4. Post Selfies. LOTS and LOTS of Selfies.

TRUTH: see #3. Because usually there's nobody else to even be in the picture.
Two words: Selfie Stick.


5. Cats. Because, internet+cats= sensation.


TRUTH: Duh. My blogs namesake in all his furry glory.


6. Have an OOTD- (Outfit Of The Day, for the layman)

TRUTH: I love clothes. LOVE THEM. I buy way too many, and I'll continue to do so. When I was in Junior High my mom started promising that me and my sisters each got a new outfit once a month.  That, combined with 17 years working in retail, and I'm a goner. That being said, most people don't look like the people who post an OOTD.  Most people look a little more awkward. Plus, all my best outfits involve sweats of some sort these days. Plus I don't want you to care what I wear.
TRUTH: I'd rather entertain you. I want to make you laugh.


7. Have some sort of list and hope Buzzed will pick it up.  


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love reading about your trips. You do have a lot of selfie which is cool you're to pretty not to take them.

Angela said...

Agreed. Can't stand the use of "littles" or "hubs." Yuck. Love the blog!

robin marie said...

Can't stand littles either!! Or kiddos. Or always referring to yourself as mama.

Heather said...

Go Hillary! This mama and her hubs and littles will all be campaigning for her! :)