Sunday, May 20, 2012

Seven Days







Watch this...

Now you know how I feel...

I’m still traumatized from this movie. I haven’t seen a single scary movie since I saw The Ring in the theaters opening weekend. After I saw that movie I slept with all my lights on in the entire house, and with the TV turned around to face the wall for 2 weeks. If you've seen the movie, you know why!! If not, DON'T FIND OUT!!!

And today I hear that voice... 
Seven Days....
And I have the same expression on my face as the girl at the end of this clip...

Why?
Because it is my birthday in... 7 days!!
As a friend pointed out on her blog, I am closer to 40 than 20. (Thanks a LOT Robin!!) 
I’m only 2 years away from a new demographic. When I take random survey's I will have to mark 35-44, instead of the good old (or should I say good YOUNG?!?!) 18-34.
My reproductive health is starting to wane. 
I’m no longer a “Young Single Adult” as they classify us at church. I’m just a “Single Adult.” Why did they have to drop the “Young" and rub it in? 
But according to the internet, which NEVER lies, I may have a good year ahead of me...

A UK website, Friends Reunited, 
conducted a survey that found 
33 
to be 
the happiest age!! 

70 percent of respondents over the age of 40 said they did not find true happiness until they were 33 years old.

Well here I am, wiping my brow in relief!
Here is what the internet had to say about it:
"[That age] is enough time to have shaken off childhood naivety and the wild scheming of teen-aged years without losing the energy and enthusiasm of youth," Donna Dawson, a psychologist, told Fox's Washington, D.C., affiliate. "Innocence has been lost, but our sense of reality is mixed with a strong sense of hope, a 'can do' spirit, and a healthy belief in our own talents and abilities."
I think I'm still a wild schemer. And I don't know how much more belief I have in my abilities than I did 10 years ago. Maybe I just know I'm better at faking it?

They also claimed that  the number 33 has long had special connotations.

“According to biblical scholars , Jesus Christ was crucified at age 33.

In 1836, poet Ralph Waldo Emerson published his significant essay "Nature" at age 33.

In 1928, Amelia Earnhardt became the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic at age 33.

Additionally, 33-year-old celebrities like Jennifer Love Hewitt, Maroon 5 front man Adam Levine and Katie Holmes seem to be enjoying a wealth of success right now.”
Well, hell! If it’s good enough for Adam Levine, it’s good enough for me.
I also read this:
“Many respondents claimed that their happiness at 33 came from fulfillment in their professional lives, as well as having a support system of family and friends. Not surprisingly, 36% said they were happiest when they had children.
Additionally, more than half of survey takers who chose 33 as the magic number said they did so because life at that age was more fun — probably because they had more money to enjoy it.”
Hmmm... a fulfilling professional life, kids, and money.... I guess I have all of my 33rd year to figure all that out...

2 comments:

robin marie said...

Oh my gosh Linda!! I HATE the ring. I slept with my bedroom light on for three months!!!

And thanks for the shout out. Sometimes getting older is sucky and anti-climatic! Here's to a fabulous 33rd year!!!

Terese said...

We all have some things to work on to make 33 fabulous!;) I think women are most beautiful in their 30s. No more awkward style meshings and faces are more womanly. You rock the 30s in my opinon.