Thursday, May 10, 2012

Passive Aggression, or just clever?


The Liger


I had two different guys tell me this week that they want to go out. So I’ll have some good stories soon, if they pan out. I know I have a loyal readership that I don’t want to disappoint!!

One of these guys asked if I wanted to go to the Bean museum for an hour. (he must not have had great luck on his online dates either, if that’s all he's up for...)

To which I replied, “Did you forget I live in Salt Lake? That’s pretty far to drive just to spend an hour with the Liger.” 

I know.  

Passive Aggression. 

I’ve been accused of that in the past, by a loyal blog participant. 

The Urban Dictionary has it right on, calling it a “defense mechanism that allows people who aren’t comfortable being openly aggressive get what they want under the guise of still trying to please others. They want their way, but they also want everyone to still like them.”

It also says this:
“When a girl at a club starts dancing closely with her back to a guy she has not met. This leaves only two options for the guy: 
1) Act like a creep and start grinding up on her 
2) Stand there and shoot a weird look to your friend
Man, I was having a chill time until this girl started passive aggressive dancing with me. She wasn't really very hot either.”

Call it a wild guess, but I think I may trend more towards the first one.
To this reader who has said I can be passive aggressive at times, I would say if you have any tips on other approaches, I’m all ears. 

This approach obviously doesn't work.

Because I haven’t gotten what I want yet.
And yet, as always, here’s to hope. 

And a good story. 

Always a good story. 

2 comments:

Terese said...

I am so pa. I wish I wasn't! Good luck, lmb.

Terese said...

P.s. I thought your response to the guy was awesome!