Saturday, January 14, 2012

Catch Me if You Can


 So when I was in the amazingly beautiful wedding last weekend, I had the privilege of holding on to my dear friends bouquet while she had her hair touched up between events. 

I looked at my other friend as I held it. 
"I'm sending it vibes," I told her. 
"I'm letting it get to know me. Because when she throws it at the reception, I am going to catch it."

I'm NEVER that girl. The one that dives for it, knocking all others out of her way. I usually stand aside, and let the other desperate crazy ladies go for it, 
while I roll my eyes. 

But let's face it, friends. 
At 32, and extremely single, 
I am turning both desperate and crazy.  
I'll do whatever it takes, at this point. 
And if that includes some shoves while participating in a silly tradition, with absolutely no merit as to the results of said catching, so be it. 

It was time.

However, at the reception I discovered that there was NOT going to be a bouquet toss!! 
My friend had never enjoyed them at other weddings, and at 33 she believed she did not have to subject the rest of her single friends to such a spectacle. 

I fully supported her decision...

However...

I was READY! 

So, what did I do?  

I had my own bouquet toss. 
I mean, there the bouquet was just sitting innocently on a table next to the guest book. It was calling my name. 
After all, we had gotten to know each other earlier in the afternoon. 

















So, just so we are all clear- 
I DID catch the bouquet.  

This is my year. 

6 comments:

Heather said...

You look stunning as always!

jocie said...

It is SO your year. I can feel it.

Heather Wade said...

Love it! You made me laugh again! See you in San Diego.

The Wiseman Life said...

Your such a great writer Linda. I love you and your cute blog and am always secretly looking for a cute guy to be your happily ever after. :)

inkley boys said...

you are sooooo cute!!!! I miss ya and you what you are going to find the guy he is waiting for you I just know it!!!

robin marie said...

excuse me but you have been away too long!