Sunday, January 8, 2012

Always a Bridesmaid

Sometimes Clichés exist because they are true.


ALWAYS A BRIDESMAID, NEVER A BRIDE. 

I have been a part of many a wedding party. As a matter of fact, I was a part of one this past weekend. 

I would like to say, with no bit of sarcasm,  that each of these women are so incredibly important to me and I would not trade sharing these days with them for ANYTHING.

There have just been quite a few of them... 

Here, I will let you have a glimpse.


This was my entry into the world of Bridesmaid-ery. I was 11.
It was my sister, Juliet, getting married.
It was momentous in that it was the first time 
I ever had my eyebrows plucked. 




This was my sister Rachel. I was 15. 
I've always loved this picture because my arm looks really toned.




This was my first venture into the friend realm, with my dear Denise. 
I was 21. Her wedding was the first of my college friends. 



This was my BFF from High School, Jessica. 
I was 20 here as well. 



This was my cousin, Heather, 
whom I ADORE more than anything. 
This was momentous in the fact that after learning to pluck my eyebrows, I got a little out of control with the tweezer. 
I was 21. It was the day after we both graduated from BYU. 



This was for my lovely friend Terese. 
(Notice there are some repeated faces here... LOVE these girls)
I believe I am 21 here. 



This was at my brother's wedding. I wasn't a bridesmaid here, but the brides maids bought their dresses at the Gap, so THIS happened....




This is my sister Brenda.  I was 25.  This was the first time I had to walk down the isle. I had to read a poem during the ceremony, and was so nervous! And I learned that I was a wedding crier. Big time.




This is my sister, Sarabeth. 
I wasn't an official bridesmaid for her either, as she didn't have any. However, I was her "lady in waiting" of sorts, helping her prep before the big walk down the isle.
 So if anyone could have been counted as a bridesmaid that day, I think it was me. 
I was 27.



And last, but definitely not least,
 we have Kathy. 
Kathy's wedding reaffirmed to me that
 I am a wedding crier. Big time. 
I was just so incredibly happy for her!    


So there you have it. 
Cliché's become so for a reason.
Always a Bridesmaid. 


4 comments:

Rachel Banks said...

You are a beautiful bridesmaid.

Rachel Banks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather Wade said...

I must have first met you at Heather's wedding? Beautiful as ever in all stages of life - seriously!

robin marie said...

what year was your sister Juliet's wedding? i swear i have almost an identical dress (and hair) that my cousins and i wore at my uncle's wedding!!

i loved seeing denise, heather and terese's wedding with you in them! good memories!