Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Critical Thinking

American Idol aside, I must return to the primary reason for my blog. 
Dating.
***
From the internet.
***
(gag)
One of my sisters told some mutual friends that she has never seen someone as critical as me when it comes to the opposite sex. 
My response-
 At least I have a really great profile, and am not putting out things like these men are:
Prepare to be impressed!
I am the type of man women only dream of. I am:
• Spiritual,trustworthy, honest, possessing a great deal of integrity
• Unselfish, thoughtful, giving, considerate, selfless
• Mannerly, gentlemanly, chivalrous, courteous, respectful, classy
• Extremely mature, very responsible, on-the-ball, detail-oriented
• Highly motivated, extremely hard-working, driven to accomplish and succeed, organized
• Committed, loyal
• Intelligent, highly capable, confident, efficient
• Friendly, likeable, witty, enthusiastic
• Good listener, communicator, conversationalist
• Romantic, affectionate, passionate
• Know how to treat others properly, especially women and children
• Like to dress up
• Good kisser =0)
• Unselfish lover 
• Financially secure
• Athletic, health-conscious
• Gentle, yet strong
• Immaculate housekeeper and gardener
• Accomplished pianist, able to play the organ
• Good cook
• Careful manager of money
Notice humble isn’t on his list. 
How about this guy:
I am looking for a perfect 10 in all respects (spiritual, intellectual, physical, maturity, responsibility, etc.) . I believe that the pursuit of perfection (in word, thought, deed, appearance, etc.), although not completely attainable on Earth, is the pinnacle of success in this life. If you feel the same, I am very interested in developing a relationship with you. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Anyone else feel like he may produce infomercials or run self-help seminars on the side?
What about him:
I am a fairly well known published author and I own a Consulting / Financial Services Company that trades Oil / Gas. I am also a part time University instructor.
(Really? I mean, REALLY? All of these things?- I call BS! But then he goes on....)

I am a mixture between Orrin Porter Rockwell and Rhett Butler.
I am considered handsome by many and a great "catch".
So. I may be critical, but it’s only out of absolute frustration and only expressed to those closest to me... Oh. And to anyone who reads this... 
Rest assured, when I interact with the fellows I am a perfect angel. 
Can I help it that they are a bunch of freakazoids?
I was an English major in college. (It's where I learned words like "freakazoids"). My mother asserts that a learned skill in that major (because let’s face it, there aren’t many with that one) is Critical Thinking. I just can't help it. And with these to choose from, is it any wonder? 

5 comments:

Angela said...

Are you critical or extremely accurate? Uhmmm...can I get an accurate please?! You forgot the one who said he has a Masters in cuddling and a PhD in affection, with an emphasis in love. THROW UP! Pluhhheeezzzz. You keep on keeping on gurl! I am behind you 100%. Miss your face. Love, ME.

Terese said...

So much BS from these guys! Yikes!

Terese said...

I totally meant for my comment to be longer, but got interrupted. I don't blame you for being critical when you face profiles like this! Where the heck are the normal guys??

Allison said...

Umm....can I get set up with the cross between Orrin Porter Rockwell and Rhett Butler? That sounds amazing.

Heather said...

How did we talk for 2 1/2 hours last night and not discuss this post? I guess I'll have to call back...