Thursday, July 29, 2010

Don't I know you from somewhere?...


So what happens when you are matched with someone that you already know?
Or someone that a friend knows?
Well, I’ll tell you...
You freak out and scream a little!
Yes, I was matched with someone that one of my best friends knows.
It was bound to happen.
When you are a part of the Mormon church, the 6 degrees of separation for the rest of the world drops drastically.
DRASTICALLY!!
But I digress...
We thought, when discussing him, that it must be someone else. It’s a common name, right?
(no, not really...)
She saw the picture.
IT WAS HIM.
And friends, he is not the catch that he presented himself as on the site.
We called her sister, who knew him better, to get the real scoop.
And here’s the real scoop.

HE’S MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

Are you totally freaked out??

Are you screaming???

Are you thinking, "this is what they always say about online dating!!

It is all married weirdoes that will take advantage of you!!"

Yeah, that is what I was thinking and doing too.
I was ready to throw in the towell.
If these are the freaks on here, I didn’t want to have any part in it!!

We called another person in the know, who had worked with the accursed match in the past.

And we learned that he actually got a Divorce 6 months ago...
Phew!
And that is why I am still on the site.
(I mean, really. It hasn’t even been 2 weeks yet. I’m just looking for any excuse to jump ship, right?...)
Oh, and the guy?
Compulsive lier.
Lied on resume's about 2 college degrees that he never got
Listed his occupation as Engineer- actual occupation? Sets up sound equipment for local community theater performances.
And that is why I am no longer communicating with him.

4 comments:

Addison and Kristie said...

Keep em' coming...that just made my day:)

Heather said...

Wow! That is a seriously crazy story. And I love the Kevin Bacon picture/reference. We are helpful in the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon because he stood behind us at Coney Island one time AND another time he sat next to Chris on the subway in New York.

jocie said...

holy freakin' cow.

Melissa and Zac said...

I'm just glad you followed through and figured out that he's no longer married! It would be sad to have the fun stories stop already...and I really do hope you are eventually matched up with someone that you like! :)