Wednesday, February 9, 2011

2nd Date

I had a great second date this past week. 


We actually went out three times.


So I had a good time not once, not twice, but THRICE. (anyone else been watching Conan?)


True Confession:  I haven't had a second date since Veronica Mars was still on t.v...


We went to see True Grit, and saw 2 plays.


We laughed.


We cried.


Well, not really on the crying. 


(For him, anyways. I cried when the horse died in True Grit. (spoiler alert!) 


Did I mention that it was my Brother-In-Law?


My sister was busy being Stage-Mom extraordinaire. 


So he and I were buddies for the past week, going to several activities and events. 


It was good to remember that good, fun, normal men exist. 


Even if they've been married to your oldest sister for 20 years. 


It isn't an urban legend or myth.


Because I know at least one.



Thanks for the fun, David!!

2 comments:

robin marie said...

1. love the conan shout out with THRICE!
2. i miss veronica mars!

Heather said...

when i read the first few lines, i was totally getting my phone out to call you and freak out that you hadn't called me about a second date. but i'm glad david provided you with that good reminder. he's a good guy.

robin--i miss veronica mars too.